We Quit Cigarettes

Pink = rare
Rare = raw

Thousands of years ago our ancestors learned they could cook meat and get more out of the meat so our brains could grow. We became smarter and healthier because of this well cooked meat...we became civilized.

The descendants of those that did not cook their meat are pretty much the way they were thousands of years ago....

Can you tell I like my meat cooked?

:lau :lau

Thousands of years ago our ancestors learned they could cook meat and get more out of the meat so our brains could grow. We became smarter and healthier because of this well cooked meat...we became civilized.

The descendants of those that did not cook their meat are pretty much the way they were thousands of years ago....

Can you tell I like my meat cooked?

:lau :lau
I must begrudgingly agree with you on this.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3743657.stm
I've seen raw steaks... raw and rare are different things....
Really, it's quite annoying to grill a steak, slice it open to check for doneness, and have to put it back on the grill for another five minutes when you're hungry.
However, what you eat is your decision, so I will just stop myself right here before this turns into some heated debate over steak.
Now, were it a heated debate over something like, say, putting buttercream or some other kind of frosting on brownies, then I'd be interested... however, that is, again, purely opinion. My opinion on putting frosting on brownies is that, if the brownie recipe is good enough, it does not need the frosting, as the frosting hides the brownie flavor and add unnecessary carbohydrates and calories. If the brownie recipe needs frosting, then the brownie recipe is not worth your time.
Again, opinion.
(Please don't take the brownie thingima too seriously -- that was just me trying to be silly. That being said, however, I never put frosting on my brownies -- they taste fine as is and don't need the extra carbs).
Pink is raw. You will not convince me otherwise...ever.

Carp, please... be positive... forcing yourself towards perfection, insisting that you have to get perfect scores on the tests -- that's only going to cause stress and misery. Things that you do not need.
Different people work in different ways and at different speeds. Some people may take longer to get something than others. Some people will grasp a concept perfectly the first time around, while it will take others years to understand that same concept.
Keep this in mind: Perfection is not necessary. It pays to be good at something, but you do not need to perfect your skills in every single field.
Pressure can motivate, yes... but too much pressure is self-defeating.
Press the melted sugar enough to force it into shape -- don't press too hard, or it will shatter, thus destroying your work.
Push yourself towards reasonable goals -- not impossible or out-of-reach goals, for that will destroy your life.
Perfection is not necessary. Actually, it is impossible. That is human nature -- we may master some things, but we cannot master all things. Focus on one thing for now. Don't focus on getting perfect scores -- focus on getting passing scores.
Not perfect -- sufficient.

Push yourself towards reasonable goals -- not impossible or out-of-reach goals, for that will destroy your life.
I agree with that, but I feel that most goals are "out of reach" for me. I have trouble attending anything consistently. A decent amount of the variance underlying that inability could probably be attributed to my sleep disorder, but there are probably other factors involved as well. I haven't managed to attend school too consistently since 5th grade. I feel like an "in reach" future for me would contain a sequence of minimum wage jobs as my career, and I wouldn't find that personally fulfilling.
Don't focus on getting perfect scores -- focus on getting passing scores.
Not perfect -- sufficient.
I didn't really prepare for the science practice test, so I'm lucky that I got a "sufficient" score, but it also makes me feel like I'm quite lazy. I doubt I'd even get a passing score on the math part of the test.
1586490333104.png

I also doubt I'll score at or above 175 on the real science test, even though I did get 175 on the practice test.

Back
Top Bottom