We Quit Cigarettes

But you need to take it in context perhaps re read what I actually said. We are talking about quitting cigarettes using a VOLUNTARY DRUG. NOT withholding meds that one HAS to take to keep them from going coo coo for cocoa puffs.

Ive seen all too well what happens when nut jobs stop taking their meds and go on violence sprees, that was not the topic and I would not tell someone who is genuinely sick, to stop taking their meds. yes if someone NEEDS to be on meds, then they NEED to take them and if they are not working well, find something that does.

When my doctor prescribed me the crap to STOP TOBACCO, he said, try it if you don't like it then stop taking it, it helps some people, does not help others. Many people here do not like taking drugs, and big pharma wants us all hooked on their drugs, so there you have doctors prescribing stuff that may not be necessary. Each persons situation is different. and to be honest, if someone has THAT serious of a problem, they need to be listening to their doctors in the psych ward in the first place, NOT taking medical advice from a bunch of clucks on a chicken forum. If they are contemplating taking critical medical advice from a chicken forum, then perhaps their visits here should be supervised?

So let's recap. Welbutrin / XYBAN used for smoking cessation is NOT a MANDATORY DRUG. If one does not like it, it makes them feel off, or sick, then STOP TAKING IT. If you wash your prozac down with a lithium milk shake, then you need to talk to your doctor before changing your meds.

If one wants Zyban / Welbutrin to try it, but can't afford it, again, talk to your doctor, there are OTHER ways to get the stuff so it IS cheaper.

Aaron

the shock sounds like a tens unit. tenz, however it's pronounced...

they do that for diets now too? wow, I knew it was for pain and stuff but interesting.

Have they started her on Zyban?

here's a hint, zyban, wellbutrin, SAME THING....EXACT SAME THING....

Zyban is for cigarette cessation, your insurance may NOT cover the 200 dollar cost of the bottle which is total Bu$###it. BUT... say you are depressed, the doctor gives you a bottle of wellbutrin, which is the EXACT SAME THING, costs a few dollars and your insurance DOES cover it.

Personally Id have to say please if you can, do NOT take the mental meds, I did not like the way they made me feel, and stopped taking mine after well.. about a day and a half.. when I went down the quit tobacco path... and anything that is messing with brain chemistry, IMO is just a really bad way to play.

Good luck, stay strong.

oh another hint.
not sure how this works for smokers but, when I quit chewing, I put a hefty pinch of coffee grounds in my gum, had the feeling of something there, had the gritty texture, and gave me a little buzz, (sort of like the tobacco did), so it was a pretty good placebo for the first few days when the cravings are really horrible.

just saying.
Aaron
Thankfully my momma doesn't have mental issues and doesn't need any of those medicines. She's determined to not take any pills for this battle.

Your mama doesn't have mental health issues? I am so holding this over my daughters head!
🤣
Skipping Take Your Time GIF by NETFLIX

Back before I stopped smoking some years ago my doctor was on me to quit of course. He suggested Chantix (think that spelling is correct) and he told me it might help me to stop. He said he had to tell me some things like if you feel like doing anything crazy to stop. He went on to say that if someone had reported a side effect then they have to warn you about it. It was funny because he said to sum it up I am just telling you if you get a feeling like you want to steal your neighbors lawn mower or something then stop taking it.

So, I took it for about 2 weeks and I never had a hankering to steal any lawn tractors but it did give make me feel strange and made my cigarettes taste bad. I still wanted to smoke them, though.

I went to LV with my grown daughter, when we had a few hrs to kill before our flight home, we went to "Bodies" Which have body parts on display. They had one section with the lungs, and a lung was all black from being a smoker. They also had a glass box, where if you saw the lung and wanted to quit smoking right they you could dump your cigarettes.

My mom started acupuncture last Wednesday.
She only smoked one whole pack since then.

Today was another acupuncture treatment.

Last week and this week's acupuncture stuff is some kind of shock, acupuncture, something or other.

She had tried some acupuncture in just the ear a few months back that was supposed to help but it did not.
This new type of weirdness is helping her.

We shall see if it actually works or now soon.
I *know* about the acupuncture stuff with “electro-stimulation”… it’s low voltage with VERY Low amperage…. It’s like someone took a Tens unit and graphed it onto the needles for extra Nero-muscular stimulation.

It’s a neat feeling… I’d love to get to do it again.

Back
Top Bottom