We Quit Cigarettes

@sourland I had another anniversary that I completely forgot about! I'm winning.
Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

My mom started acupuncture last Wednesday.
She only smoked one whole pack since then.

Today was another acupuncture treatment.

Last week and this week's acupuncture stuff is some kind of shock, acupuncture, something or other.

She had tried some acupuncture in just the ear a few months back that was supposed to help but it did not.
This new type of weirdness is helping her.

We shall see if it actually works or now soon.
My mom's acupuncture did not help.

Oh Kiki I feel for you!!! :hugs
I've been trying for two weeks so far... It's HARD!! Staying busy, I mean REALLY busy helps. Drink lots of water, it helps a bit. Chewing gum helps. Stay out of the kitchen!!!
Good luck!! You can do this!! 😃
Did you win?

I'm a smoker. I gave up once for a couple of years in my twenties and again for 5 months in my 50s.
I didn't use any chemical assistance. I just stopped.
I don't remember much about how I felt in my twenties when I gave up and couldn't even tell you why I started again.
When I gave up in my 50s, that was really noticeable. I've always been fit. Between Aikido, cycling and later work, I did okay with the smoking. There wasn't much it seemed to interfere with.
I used to cycle to a friends most three, or four times most weeks and the going was all uphill. In my 50's I was finding it hard work. When I stopped smoking I could tell within days how much fitter I was becoming.
I'm thinking of giving it up again now at 65.
I'll tell you a secret though; I don't regret much in my life but I do regret starting up again on both occasions.
Shad did you give it up again?

Headed into my secound year .It only took bleeding ulcers and blacking out and scaring my daughter to death. But I did it .After a while I apologized to my wife
And children for having to put up with the way I smelled .I really had no Ideal it was so offensive .Do it for you and you'll feel much better about you .Long drives are the worst .But drinking a lot of water helps .
Are you still winning?

Would you miss it as much if you couldn't get it so easily? I mean, you've got a few put away and it sounds like they're torturing you. I know that with food cravings, for me, it's all about what's in the cabinet or the fridge. If there's ice cream available I will absolutely crave it and probably will eat my share of it. But as long as I know there's nothing on my 😍 list in the house, I'm okay. It's not there. I don't think about it. 'Course it helps, being a good hour away from a store...

I've never been a smoker so I can't truly relate, but I do know what it's like to lose over a hundred pounds and also what it's like to struggle to keep it off. I can't be having those temptations in the house. Can't make fresh bread, brownies, cookies, etc. unless there's a lot of people coming over who are gonna be willing to take the leftovers home with them. If I were you, I wouldn't have temptation put aside in case I want it. Of course I want it--that's why it's not there.
@CindyinSD get your booty back here! We miss you.

Back
Top Bottom