We sold our first dozen eggs!

Congrats!

thumbsup.gif

Quote:
That's awesome. We're hoping at some point that DH's son (amost 12) will come here to live with us-- and have discussed letting him work the egg business-- something he's expressed interest in. He could sell, do the chores, and have the profits for his pocket.

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks! And thanks to everyone else on their congrats!! I'm excited. It's nice to see the interest in farm eggs, and also, that our cost to keep them will go down with egg sales-- They'll buy their own food, we'll all have fresh eggs, and we'll keep going from here. Next step-- turkeys-- can't wait to raise them!

DS (9) is getting at least a dozen a day, mixed sizes and colors, so I made up some cards, took a dozen with me wherever we go and am selling like crazy! I have 3 customers at church, 2 at the Drs. office, 2 at the place we get our hair cut and one friend who gets 2 dozen a week. Soon we'll be up to 3 dozen a day and DS is going to be making $$ hand over fist.

We started out paying for his food and expenses but now that he is making money he has to buy the food etc by himself so that he understands the cost of doing business.

I never tire of collecting those eggs. I can't wait for spring so the roos can free range....our cats are going to get a rude awakening.

Back
Top Bottom