We sold our first dozen eggs!

NurseNettie

Songster
11 Years
Feb 13, 2008
Northern Maine
Not sure if this fits in this topic-- please feel free to move it if it belongs somewhere else.

Our young hens started laying crazy about 2 weeks ago, so we put out a quickly made "fresh eggs" sign, with the price ($2.00 --low by some standards, but actually a tiny bit higher than others are selling for in the area) -- in hopes to have sell a few dozen ( we didn't expect to have surplus til spring, since we started hatching late). I also made up some quickie flyers and cards to hand out (though haven't done that yet due to car issues).

Well, we got a knock on the door a couple hours ago and I opened it to a gentleman asking for a dozen eggs. I was nearly speechless--- it was exciting!! I made sure he got all big eggs, and gave him a card-- he asked if we'd be selling regularly, and introduced himself.

Yipee!!! The hens have earned their first 2 bucks!!!

YAY!!!!!

That's an awsome feeling. Isn't it? I sold eggs to co workers 18 yrs ago and just back into chickens again...I can't wait!

Hooray for your girls!

Congrats!!! Thats great! I wont have enough surplus til Spring.
I am happy they are paying their way now. hehehe!
lau.gif

We're hoping to sell 5 dozen a week-- that will cover feed and shavings, especially once the excess roos are gone ( tomorrow if the weather holds!). I think that once the word gets out, we'll be taking orders, which is fine--- that'll mean more hens
smile.png
!!

Back
Top Bottom