We think this a Easter Egger Roo. what do you think?

Thats what I thought too. We have guessed for over 2 weeks now that he is. I have encouraged my girls to
hold him lots so that he hopefully he will be nice.

There is some really good information about raising nice roosters in the "Rooster Troubles!" thread. Thought you might be interested. Start toward the end of the thread, though. That's where there's info about cockerels.

Yes, boy.

We have an easter egger called cheeks.:). She's the chick in my avatar. It's a shame she lays bad eggs though. :( We end up feeding her eggs back to the flock.

I have a GIANT EE roo; at 14 months he is 8 2/3 lbs. . I think yours is a roo, too. I love my Chestnut. He comes up for me to hold him and he is very protective of his hens. He doesn't have a textbook crow-it's cute. When he first began to crow he sounded like a dinosaur! LOL Enjoy him! I love my EEs!

Thank you! I will check it out.

Hope I didn't mislead you with this ("Rooster Troubles!" thread). It's more about how to curb aggressive behavior, which can happen when the hormones kick in, rather than raising a nice roo (which seems to be more to do with docile genes). My EE cockerel was sweet and friendly as a youngster, but as he gets older, he's very skittish around me and gives me the stink eye look more often. I don't really need a friendly roo, but he must be respectful and not aggressive toward people. Best wishes!

Back
Top Bottom