We trained our ducks to...

deanna&rich

Songster
10 Years
Jun 2, 2009
chimacum, WA
We trained our ducks to... waddle up the porch steps, come into the house, make their way to the bathroom and jump into the tub!!!
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

Ohmigosh it's hilarious !! Really it's kind of an acident; we were given them as month-old 'klings; they were unwanted, and we scrambled to come up with a pen and figure out what kind of care they needed. In the meantime, we let them freerange in the daytime with the chooks and dog, and put them in the bathtub at night.

Now they're 2 months old, and huge, and they usually just come to the porch when it gets dark out (where we pick them up and carry them). But tonight, they just decided to make the entire trip by themselves. TOO FUNNY !!!

(ironically, it's only one or two more days until we finish their predator-proof run and they can live outside at night.)
big_smile.png
smile.png

my ducks live inside (house pets) and when i had my old house down in bama, we had them doing the same thing... it was funny when they would try to get in the tub, but would slip or miss and fall down. lol. I can't seem to get them to do it now that i've moved. Now they expect to be carried and placed in an already filled luke warm tub... diva duckies.... lol

Maybe your ducks are the offspring of those ducks that live in that hotel fountain. They walk through the hotel to get to the fountain from their pen on the roof everyday. Pictures would be great.

funny thing is, those ducks at the peabody hotel only get to live there for a couple months before they return them to the wild.... i'm currently working on a ducky "condo" for mine... no marble fountains to be carried into, but they will have a loft. lol.
deannaandrich- what kind of ducks do you have? do they use their wings to get in the tub?

Back
Top Bottom