We went a little crazy and now I am nervous!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by debilorrah, May 17, 2009.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

This week we purchased 15 more chicks, 3 ducklings and 2 goats. I know NOTHING about ducks or goats. Our necks are gettin redder everyday and I am slightly nervous I may do something wrong!

I think this comes from 1 weakling chick dying yesterday..... GOATS? Oh dear [​IMG]

2. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    What kind of goats and ducks did you get?

3. debilorrah

Quote:The goats are 2 1/2 month old nubian/boer mix and the ducks are pekins! I always wanted white ducks!

4. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    my pekin is a loud mouth compared to the rouen...but only if my 3 year old dd is after her.

sometimes the only way to learn is jumping in with both feet.

5. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    don't woory debi, I am sure you will figure it out, same like when I got all the 26 chicks, was easy to order hem, when I picked them up, I figured out what to do [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. debilorrah

Quote:That is what I have done from the start! With all these different animals I am all over the boards now!!!!

7. Lucky Ducky

Lucky Ducky Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] You're a smart lady with lots of friends here willing to give advice, you will be fine!!! [​IMG]

8. debilorrah

Quote:Your fingers to Gods ears!!!!

9. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    [​IMG] ... you will be fine and they now have a wonderful caring owner who will love them forever, what more could anyone want......... good for you Great Yappy... [​IMG]

10. New adventure

New adventure Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2009
    Pueblo, Colorado
    What is the purpose intended for your goats? Mine are just for fun and to eat weeds and are very easy to care for. I really want a milker, but for some reason I'm afraid to.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by