We were told we were "ar-you-canas"

I clicked on this link again and my daughter was like "OMG its another Bubby!!!!!!"
The pen her egg potentially came from had a Brown/red roo over blue/blue wheaten brown red & buff hens plus some wellsummer X ameraucana hens. I am waiting to see what color eggs mine lays. There other pen she could have came from was a silver roo over brown/reds I think. We shall see. I guessing I've got two months to go until I can even think about an egg from her. She is 16 weeks now.

These came from our neighbor, but I have no idea from what color parents ... I should ask the next time I see him. Most likely he doesn't know, there are probably several options, but it wouldn't hurt to ask. I sure do like the colors, they are pretty and very different!

I have been tring to figure that out too, I have a month old chick looks just like gypsie, she was a deep mohogany red when she was still in her fuzzys.

I love the color. Dont know what is though, Im going to cross her on my marans and work on olive eggers.

i got 1 thats "hunters safety" orange lol , im thinking of wearing him like a beenie next hunting trip
gig.gif

I want a bunch of them just like Gypsy!! I bought a bunch of different colors of Ameraucanas to try to make some EE that look like her.

i got 1 thats "hunters safety" orange lol , im thinking of wearing him like a beenie next hunting trip

yuckyuck.gif

I want to see a picture of that chicken! lol​

Quote:
I think it would be great to cross the wellsummer x ameraucanas. Wouldn't that be neat to get a muted blue/green egg? Please let us know when she starts laying! I'm new, but when I get more experienced I think this would be a neat thing to breed for. The muted "country' colored eggs.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom