Weak Chick Needs Help BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!

quailheart

Songster
Jun 5, 2019
Saint Louis, MO
I have been hatching quail eggs in my class for a few days. There was an egg that was cracked all the way around, but then he stopped hatching. I didn't want to help him hatch, but I had no choice. I took the top of his egg off and put him back in the incubator. He couldn't even push off the bottom of his egg, so an hour later I helped him with that too. Now he is just resting on the ground in the incubator. He is curled up in a shape like he is still in an egg, and he is not walking like his brother that just hatched a minute ago. Is there anything I can do for this chick or will he probably not make it? Any advice would be great!

Good luck but sometimes there is nothing you can do. Honestly I would put it down before the kids see it suffer much.
I think I am going to try a little harder before I make that decision, but I will take him home so that he doesn't die at school. I know there is plenty of people who have taken care of a chick with problems. I just don't want to give up on him yet, he is still very active and tweeting really loud, he just can't seem to get up or fluff up.

I have been hatching quail eggs in my class for a few days. There was an egg that was cracked all the way around, but then he stopped hatching. I didn't want to help him hatch, but I had no choice. I took the top of his egg off and put him back in the incubator. He couldn't even push off the bottom of his egg, so an hour later I helped him with that too. Now he is just resting on the ground in the incubator. He is curled up in a shape like he is still in an egg, and he is not walking like his brother that just hatched a minute ago. Is there anything I can do for this chick or will he probably not make it? Any advice would be great!
Post this in the Emergencies thread!

Back
Top Bottom