weak chick.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by kddsdd12, Mar 14, 2012.

1. kddsdd12

kddsdd12 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 4, 2011
    I have a 2 day old chick..she can hardly stand..she hobbles. Sleeps almost all day.
    Keeps getting pasty butt because she can't stand to poo.. I keep cleaning her bottom.
    Is there anything I can do to help it gain strength. I got her to drink a little this morning.
    Last night at 1am (guess that's really this morning) I checked on her she was laying on her back. She wasn't even struggling to get up right.. so I flipped her back over and checked her over. I really thought I would wake up to a dead chick. Any ideas would be helpful.
    Thanks..

2. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

You can treat with Corid for coccidiosis and give it vitamins it it's water, Karo surp.... If no vitamins, keep dipping it's beak in the water. Try to get it eating something... Baby food, wet chick starter.... Etc... keep it warm and seperate. It may just be failure to thrive and not much you can do..
    But try that and see. If you happen to have parrot hand feeding formula that is great to use.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by