Weak chickens

charles2213

Chirping
5 Years
Nov 25, 2014
Virginia
I have about 4 eggs that are in the process of hatching. The problem is they are making a hole in the shell but they are not comming out and it has now been 13 hours I don't want to open the shell but I don't want to lose the chicks either. I have taken this picture to better explain what I am talking about. Can any one please help me with this. Thank you

I wouldn't worry just yet, in my experience it takes at least 12-24 hours from first pip to hatch, and 24 hours seems to be normal. It looks like that one is making good progress, just give it time and don't open the incubator. Good luck!

I wouldn't worry just yet, in my experience it takes at least 12-24 hours from first pip to hatch, and 24 hours seems to be normal. It looks like that one is making good progress, just give it time and don't open the incubator. Good luck!
x's 2. After they pip they rest and take the time to finish absorbing the yolk as well as letting the membranes dry. As long as your humidity is up past the 65% and the egg turner they are in isn't turning
wink.png
, they should be ok. I don't think I have had one hatch before 12 hours after pipping and most are closer to the 18-24 mark.
Before you contemplate assisting, give this a read: https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/step-by-step-guide-to-assisted-hatching . It is a great informational read on helping to determine if and when help is needed as well as how to. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom