Weak duckling, Help?

I'm so sorry. In the short time of having them in our lives, they oftentimes make an impact and it's hard to lose them. I may be the odd one out, but I don't let my ducklings swim until they're about a week old and that's in lukewarm/slightly warm water with supervision. Many people think that ducklings as young as a couple of days old are as strong as big fully feathered ducks and I've not found that to be the case. My ducklings don't seem to care for as high temps as chicks, but I like for them to choose the amount of heat they need, by having a securely placed heat lamp or a heat plate. Ducklings that have just been through the postal service will probably need some time to overcome this stress. Shipping can be hard on them, but some handle it better than others. You've got some very knowledgeable folks that have replied previously (before my post), so they're going to have information that's incredibly helpful. We're all wishing you the best with your flock of ducklings ❤️ Please post pictures whenever you have a chance

Back
Top Bottom