Weak duckling ? Help

Dawnhaschickens

Chirping
Mar 13, 2022
Me again needing advice for my new duckling. I noticed that one of my new ducklings appx age 2-3 weeks old seems to not stand to long even wants to sit and drink. She/He seems ok for minute standing or running if I go to pick up (they are in my tub for know ) but thinks prefers to sit again. I do t know if sick or just weak legs. I ordered some brewers yeast with garlic to add to their food but it won’t be in couple more days. Could it be that she is lacking something else? Her legs seem ok when she stands up just not up as much as the other two. Any advice would help afraid could lose her😔 read lack of Maxine could cause death hence I then ordered brewers yeast to add to their diet.

Try sugar water first in case this is a low blood sugar issue, which can happen with poultry babies.

Then give the baby B-complex which is a high concentration of B-2, 6 and 12 which all strengthen nerve connections. Brewers yeast will be more suitable for supplementing nutrition so deficiency doesn't recur. B-complex comes in tablets. Get from your vitamin store. Give one tablet directly. Do not mix with food.

Try sugar water first in case this is a low blood sugar issue, which can happen with poultry babies.

Then give the baby B-complex which is a high concentration of B-2, 6 and 12 which all strengthen nerve connections. Brewers yeast will be more suitable for supplementing nutrition so deficiency doesn't recur. B-complex comes in tablets. Get from your vitamin store. Give one tablet directly. Do not mix with food.
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom