Weak Year Old Male Goat

It has been quite a number of years since I last had goats and used BoSe. I am not familiar with the gel form. In fact, it may not have even been available then. If the label says use every 30 days, then use it every 30 days. Hopefully your boy will start improving. I really can't think of anything else you can do.
I appreciate the well wishes, I’ll be heading out in a bit to see how he’s doing and let his parents and the chickens out. I’ll keep y’all posted🫶

Little photo of my dwarf prince on Friday❤️

Attachments

• IMG_9409.jpeg
    IMG_9409.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 4
Hello,
The last couple of days my boy (with help standing up) got to stay standing and even take a few steps on his own without support. Yesterday he was doing his best in a long time turning and walking for short bits around the pen- lying down instead of just collapsing. Today he’s weak again and the anemia doesn’t seem to be getting any better. His inner eyelid is very pale. I need to know if canine red cell is safe to give to him. I know Canines are carnivores but horses are easy five times his size. I can’t find many answers on line so my last resort is to ask here

I'm sorry he didn't make it. The dewormer you're giving might not be working anymore. Do you rotate dewormers and run regular fecal tests? The key is to deworm with the right dewormer only when needed. A fecal test before and after deworming will let you know it has worked. If you deworm too much the worms become resistant to the drugs.

Back
Top Bottom