Weasel trap!

One better up north or any where you get weasels. Get 1 to 1 1/2 in maybe 2in pvc pipe and bury it outside and in your pen. Put it at a 45 degree angle and drop some chicken parts in it they go for that and can not turn around to get out. Between the angle andf the food they eat it just does not work. Have done it for 3 years just check those tubes or it smells really bad.
Exceedingly inhumane to let an animal die this way. I am glad I looked on here for ideas but am horrified at what y'all consider acceptable human behavior. I will use these ideas but will do it with the kindest heart I can give. Maybe you check your tubes often and kill the weasel quick(not drowning but squashing it or something else QUICK) so forgive me but am still disheartened at peoples attitudes toward torturing predators.Again-I am glad I got ideas so ty for that.God ,people are mean.
sad.png

wooden box, about the size of a shoe box with a 1.5"-2" hole in one end. rat trap set inside box with trigger below forementioned hole. bait in back of box. works real well.

This is what a lot of trappers (myself included) do. Make sure that the hole is at least 6" off the ground so mice can't get inside as easily.

Finally found time this a.m. to start getting something set up to trap whoever it is getting chickens. Found ancient Havahart that still moves excellent(all of the cheap live traps I have bought have not worked as well as often as my Havaharts) and set it. Also have pvc pipes in place and just hope the chickens don't disturb this stuff!

I have been crying since last night when I lost 15 chickens at one time. My rooster has a horrible head injury and isn't eating and the two chickens left seem worried about him. I have never lost this many chickens at one time. Usually maybe two here and there in the winter mostly. I think that this is a weasel kill because one or two missing heads and the large amount of kills. A lot of chomped necks but not a lot of eating. I was too emotionally distraught last night to bury carcasses and when I went back this morning four were missing. Luckily my last two girls and rooster were alive this morning so I do think my inner coop is impenetrable. The problem is my babies get depressed when they are locked in and they have an outdoor run with fence and top where the weasels have been burrowing under the rocks I have used to block any holes. My chickens also have a place to go that's fenced in with no top. Now that I hear they can get through chicken wire I realize even if I restricted them to the second enclosure with top they wouldn't be safe. I am thinking I have to kick some weasel *** and am going to Walmart to buy glass jugs. My last kill in almost a year was a few weeks from yesterday and I had to put down my prize cock who was still fighting to defend his flock with a completely broken neck. I almost don't want to get chickens anymore but will repopulate my flock if I can trap some of these mother$&@!ers. I really am distraught and if anyone wants to provide advice to kick some weasel *** directly to my email it is [email protected].

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom