Weave Quilting/Quilt Weaving? Has anybody ever done it?

CoyoteMagic

RIP ?-2014
12 Years
Apr 20, 2007
only the shadow knows.....
Hey ya'll. I saw something today in my internet wanderings that I would like to try, but I wanted to ask if anyone has given it a try yet. It's either call Quilt Weaving or Weave Quilting (not the basket weave pattern) where you actually take strips of fabric, weave them and then sew them to create a quilt. I found this http://www.modabakeshop.com/2011/02/woven-jelly-roll-rug.html#more But it's for a rug. I'm looking for quilts using this technique.

Anyone?

Oh man! I've never actually done this type of project, but I saw this same page a couple weeks back and fell in love with the idea! Of course Moda (darn them!) has SUCH beautiful fabrics that everything on there looks like something I'd like to do. I'm interested as well, to see if anyone has attempted something like this.

OOh nice!!! Make me one...
lol.png

I keep telling myself, "Self, you have quilts due on May 6 &14th! You can't get started with anything new until those are completed!!"

But I wanna try it soooooooooooo bad! I just need more info!

I love quilting and this looks like a neat thing to try. I would think it would be just like doing a rug but in a bigger capacity. I think I might try making a couple rugs first to see how it works and then try something bigger. I could use some extra rugs and these seem like they would be easy to throw in the wash. Thanks for sharing this!!

BTW I am an amateur quilter in the biggest way! I have no clue what I am doing but I love doing it. Thinking about taking a beginner class that they offer here.

Whatever it is called, I love it!! Doesn't look to hard either! I think I would make the rug, ( looks to pretty to be a rug though!) and then work my way up to something bigger. I like the placemat idea too!

Back
Top Bottom