Website with APA standards?

We had heard that separate smaller breed specific versions were going to be offered. I've been waiting on that, but haven't heard anything else for awhile. I'd consider a CD as well.

We've never copied anything from the one at the library. Not sure if the library even has public copiers. It's easy enough to just go look at anytime or check out again if we really wanted clarification on something. It's not exactly a popular book that's always out. At least not around here.
tongue.png

Last edited:
Yeah, that is true it will always be at the library but it seems to be gone when you need it LOL!

YOu can always check it out and copy it on your own scanner. Or just write down the breeds you want to know and raise.

They dont have it at my library.
sad.png
Im going to have to pretend to still live in my old house in a different city to get it. and even then they will have to do the inter-library loan from a library an hour away.

Quote:
It's copywrited and there's a warning about reproducing in any form any part of the book.

Not if you are just using them for your own purposes and making your OWN copy would be OK. Too many people at the library ARE copying books but omitting several pages. If you ARE selling the book, its a REAL problem.

I've copied poultry books myself and wrote all over the pages, adding or updating information. And you don't have to worry about making messes if you got it wet at a show. That is what I do with my copies but however only certain breeds I copied.

I even copied a several stud books for my own use. Once I got out of breeding horses, I didn't sell the copies, I gave them away, letting the person know it is just a copy and written all over the pages of notes and all that important offsprings added on AND let them know that they can not SELL the books.

Some breed clubs do have standards written in them so you may have to look up every breed and find out the SOP. There is NO website that has the comprenesive details of the SOP front to back, with photos and all that. Only that link of the old SOP would be ok. You can even copy that old SOP and write notes on your copies of the updated version of information if you get them from the library.

Has the APA come out with the CD version of the SOP? That would be easier on the budget and probably more acceptable to most of us, including me would love to have a CD of the 2010 version.

Very Interesting ! I never knew.
I have quite a few old APA books, I think my earliest is 1906, if you have the money, they are fun to collect.

Oh Katy! I have been looking for one from the 1800's ! It is also my goal to have one of each edition. Don't let that out of your site ! That IS a treasure !!!!
'

The SOP is the main source of income for the APA. Save your money for a few weeks and buy one they can use all of our support. If your serious about showing chickens, its one of the most valuable "tools" avaliable.

Back
Top Bottom