1. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Run-A-Muck Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

hello everyone...I honestly don't know if I posted this in the correct place or not.....Anywho.......[​IMG]

I am TRYING to put together a little website of our farm. I know it's not the greatest so far....I am very very very very computer illterate---did I mention I know nothing of computers and or websites [​IMG] So this is a very rough start at what I do have done so far. I know there are spelling errors, grammer mishaps, punctuation problems, etc. etc. but that's me....Did I mention I know nothing about putting together a webpage...
    So I guess I am open to any suggestions/comments/insults/hand claps anyone has to offer....Always willing to listen to try and improve......

http://www.freewebs.com/runamuckranch/

Did I mention I know NOTHING about computer and or webistes....Heck I ain't even sure if the link I provided is gonna work.... [​IMG]

2. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Ok I checked it and it DOES work....or at least it did for me....YEAH!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Dandelion007

Dandelion007 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2008
    Durant, OK
    Looks very nice. You just need pictures. You might also purchase the domain name of runamuckranch.com and point it to the your site. I have checked and it's not taken. At Netfirms it's $6.99 for the first year and $9.99 per year after for a domain name.

http://www.netfirms.com/domain-names/

Just a thought but definitely not required.

You've got a great start on the internet highway.

[​IMG]

4. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Quote:Thanks for the info.....
    what exactly is a 'domain name'??? I mean is there different things I have to do then.....Or what??? I am so....... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] when it comes to computer talk....
    Would that change on my webpage then-or would I have to do a whole new website....??? Sorry for the overload of questions....

5. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Oh yeah....Pictures....I either need to get out there and take pictures or figure out a way to get them off my desktop computer that crashed. Right now I am on Jason's laptop and it's new so the only pictures I have are of the puppies..ahhha

But they are coming soon.....

6. Dandelion007

Dec 7, 2008
    Durant, OK
    A domain name is just your "address". Say you chose "runamuckranch.com". When you register your "address", you can point it to where ever you like. So you can keep your website hosted where it is. The difference would be that instead of typing "http://www.freewebs.com/runamuckranch/" you would type "runamuckranch.com".

You can also setup email addresses using your address. So you could use something like "[email protected]".

Also, you can add your website to BYC options (the way it is) and it will give the website option under your avatar.

[​IMG]

Added:

Sorry, I saw you have already added your website to your BYC profile. Your doing great!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  7. Dandelion007

Dec 7, 2008
    Durant, OK
    You might also set up a BYC page. It's really easy with point and click options. No coding required.

8. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Easy is the way I need it...ahhahaha
    Sadly my kids know more about computer than I do. And they are 13 and 7.
    I grew up playing 'Oregan Trails' on the green screen....no color...or options...you had the floppy disk and that was it....
    How I miss that game...The ones now just ain't the same...

Will look into the suggestions so far...
    Thanks
    Shawna

9. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Good job Runamuck! I'm going to be delving into the wonderful world of websites soon myself.

10. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Thats a good start on your website Shawna. I have never attempted one, so I would be in the dark too. Looking forward to pictures. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by