Websites

Under Easter Egger you wrote, "I keep a waiting list of all breeds, so those who are at the top of the list are sold first." It sounds like you are selling the people on the waiting list. The sentence you wrote for the Iowa Blues sounds much better but, as all three breeds come up when I click on breeds, It may start sounding monotonous when you start selling the Ameraucanas to read the same sentence three different times. Also, when I hover over the breeds link and just click on the Easter Egger the word information at the end is missing an "n" and a period.

Lol, I don't want to sell people :D. Thanks for pointing that out, I'll get it changed, maybe to on the home page where it's only posted once?

Under Our Policy the word "aren't" sounds better to me broken up into "are not". Under FAQ, second Answer, to me the sentence sounds better without the word "liking" I prefer "preference".

Darn it all, Hubby just went to bed.

On the home page it may be a little far down. I think it should definitely be on your For Sale page and maybe on your Policy. I still think it should be somewhere on the pages of your breeds. Maybe just once at the bottom of each page. It would just be a little too much to have to read it three times in a row on the same page.

I wish hubby was still up. Do you think he would get mad if I woke him up to ask his opinion?

I'm slightly nonplus about Answer #3, "It depends on the time of year, but usually your chicks are hatched within 1-2 hatch dates that you ordered them." It may just be me and the fact that it is almost 1 am over here but are you saying that the customer's chicks will usually hatch within one to two days of the hatch date that they are/were given? or they are given a choice of hatch dates and their chicks will be ready for pick up within 1-2 days of that date?

Oh don't bother him, lol, nothing that can't wait until tomorrow! I'm going to have to figure out how to post something on the breed tab without doing it to all the other subtabs... isn't technology awesome?
lau.gif

Large hatcheries usually hatch a large number of chicks once a week, when they say within 1-2 hatch dates they mean that if the order can not be filled because of lack in hatching's it will be filled on the next hatch date usually one week later.

About waking hubby up: remind him he is helping a very young person start a business. Not something done everyday.

You should be proud of yourself for what you are doing. The site is looking great and now you get the help of someone that does this for a living.

What I tried to say there was that chicks that are ordered are usually available in 1-2 hatch dates. I usually have a hatch once every 2 weeks in my bator.

Ok, I think the waiting list message where it's going to work.

Last edited:
Yes just love it!

Ohhhkay, If you insist I'll just have to let him sleep.
wink.png
It would just be sooooo much easier to just hand it over to him and say fix this. He is really good at writing for clarity. I'm more creative
big_smile.png
but if you want something to be as clear as crystal then he's your man.

Last edited:
I think you're right, I should clarify I have a hatch every 2 weeks. This is almost more fun than watching chicks hatch! (almost ;) )

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom