We'd love your opinion on our setup! The more the merrier!

Quote:
That won't keep much of anything out, other than hawks. It's an adorable coop! But you don't want to lose your birds. I use a 10x10 chainlink run myself and I covered the top with woven wire fencing (1" holes). This is stronger than chicken wire and even stronger than welded wire. I got enough to do the entire top for $50 or so at Lowe's. You may also want to consider using hardware cloth for your apron instead of chicken wire--raccoon hands can still get in there. See pix in my BYC page.
smile.png
Hope that helps!

We were just trying to keep birds out of the top. Mom is going to put barbed wire around the top to make sure climbers can't get in. We can't do anything about the hardware cloth, but we don't have many raccoons around here.

It's very cute. I would just be sure to shut them inside the coop at night so those night time predators that you never see won't get them.....(Not to scare you but...weasles, raccoons, possums, skunks, snakes, rats, even neighborhood cats....)

Shutting them in at night will keep them safe.

Again, very very cute coop and run!

Sharon

VERY NICE
thumbsup.gif
I WOULD PUT IN A ROOSTING POLE IN THE RUN AREA (LIKE A TREE LIMB OR SOMETHING). THAT WAY THEY HAVE SOMEWHERE TO SIT IN THE RUN OTHER THEN ON TOP OF THE COOP THAT WAY THEY DONT POOP ALL OVER THE TOP OF IT.

I am a newbie with the Clubhouse coop which is very similar to yours, so this is only my opinion after reading many posts about protecting the chickens.

I put 1/2" hardware cloth down along all of the edges of the run of the coop/run, an apron of sort. It is 2 feet wide from the run and is attached with screws and washers. I have mulch over it, along with good sized rocks along the edge, and landscaping pins. I was more concerned with night time diggers. This little coops are very well made and it would take a big animal to tear into them.

If we decide build a run so I don't have to babysit every evening, or even use our old 10x10 dog kennel, I still plan to use a hardware cloth apron around the run and up the sides.

Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom