Weeds, potting compost & propagation.

Do you mean tortoise? :gig Ooh is your MIL in Yorkshire? Where about?

After all this Marginated Malcolm best like these weeds!! He might need extra food now he’s getting up to top speed! :lol:
Oh my he is adorable!!! I did question myself when I wrote it but never been able to remember the difference between them :oops::oops:! Yes she is - Hipperholme. Where are you?

It’s that duck & gosling thing again. No need for a baguette this time though :lol:

So Halifax way then for your MIL. I’m over in the east, nearest big city is Hull really. But then again York, Doncaster & Leeds are not too far. I’m sort of in the middle of all four :)

One thing I come across is mold growing atop the soil when using a mini green house for starters. I like to use the tip of a bamboo kabob stick (anything will work) to gently manipulate the top soil for air circulation. If your seeds haven’t sprouted and you see (fuzzy) the start of mold it’s pretty best to start over with a fresh medium. If your lid doesn’t have a vent you could cut holes and cover with a wet paper towel...then remove the towel once you see sprouts. Best wishes

One thing I come across is mold growing atop the soil when using a mini green house for starters. I like to use the tip of a bamboo kabob stick (anything will work) to gently manipulate the top soil for air circulation. If your seeds haven’t sprouted and you see (fuzzy) the start of mold it’s pretty best to start over with a fresh medium. If your lid doesn’t have a vent you could cut holes and cover with a wet paper towel...then remove the towel once you see sprouts. Best wishes

Thanks I will keep my eye on the compost. My little propagator has a vent on the top, I’ve got it half and half the moment. It does have a little condensation in there at the moment :hmm

It’s that duck & gosling thing again. No need for a baguette this time though :lol:
:oops::lau:lau:lauYes quite!
So Halifax way then for your MIL. I’m over in the east, nearest big city is Hull really. But then again York, Doncaster & Leeds are not too far. I’m sort of in the middle of all four :)
Yep!
Awesome natural remedy for mould on soil - after you put the seeds in sprinkle your potting mix with cinnamon - a natural mould inhibitor -and smells nice :lau I bought a big bag of medical grade stuff off ebay - it is amazing and much better value than those little jars.

Got this far with them. But... they don’t seem to be doing much more :hmm

92BA428B-6F24-4E68-B146-617F393261EF.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom