Weee A Chick Hatched

dieselgrl48

Songster
9 Years
Feb 21, 2010
Virginia
Finaly got a chick Wee early morn hour's today.Another one has a fair size pip hole and still working.One died in the shell after the first one hatched.I think the other shell got stuck over thats ones hole and it didnt make it
hit.gif
. I got a brooder all set up for them so hoping this 2nd one will make it out tonight.No sign's of pip on the other 3 though
idunno.gif
.Humidity was good and the egg's looked good when i locked them down.I got about 6 more due to go to lockdown on the 4th so hoping to get some more hatched.I guess the one that is out is OEGB or Bantam Sumatra those were the only hen's I had laying when I set these egg's.Its seem's to be doing good though and drying out nicely now.Wish me luck with the rest.I'll post pic when dry.

Congrats!!!!

I have a new hatchling this afternoon too!!! It came from an egg that has a smash indentation and cracks radiating. Put it in just in case! Awesome.

I also have another pip, still working on getting out...its been over 24 hrs since pip. So stressful!! The 3rd egg in there hasnt pipped.
sad.png

Both my pips were at the wrong end of the egg too.

Sorry to hear about your lost 1. I had 1 pip last hatch that never made it out.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom