week old chick with bumblefoot!

Her feet are already looking better =) I scrubbed them with some soap and water and applied some honey, let them air dry for 5-10 minutes and wrapped them in vet wrap. She get the booties off after 2 hours or so yesterday but the honey was already dry. she stepped in her water and the boots slid right off
roll.png
I just did the treatment again so we will see how long she keeps them on this time lol

I don't know if this is true, but it has been my experience. I used to have sand in my chicken's covered run for years and they would all get bumblefoot. I treated them often for it but it would always come back. I thought maybe the sand was too abrasive for them to walk on so I added topsoil to the run about a year and half ago...Haven't had a problem with bumblefoot yet. I think the sand is too hard and coarse on their feet.

I don't know if this is true, but it has been my experience. I used to have sand in my chicken's covered run for years and they would all get bumblefoot. I treated them often for it but it would always come back. I thought maybe the sand was too abrasive for them to walk on so I added topsoil to the run about a year and half ago...Haven't had a problem with bumblefoot yet. I think the sand is too hard and coarse on their feet.
I've never had a problem with bumblefoot and my coop and run both have sand
hu.gif
. The baby is on sand but I just got her so she had it before I got her. It's starting to clear up though
smile.png
she can perch on my finger now without falling over.

Back
Top Bottom