Week Old Chick with Eye Injury

She's SO tiny, it would be hard to press out pus I think.
I'd keep on flushing the eye and applying ointment twice a day, that may help loosen up anything in there. See if it goes down in a couple of days.

She's eating and drinking good?

She's SO tiny, it would be hard to press out pus I think.
I'd keep on flushing the eye and applying ointment twice a day, that may help loosen up anything in there. See if it goes down in a couple of days.

She's eating and drinking good?
She's 100% normal otherwise - eating, drinking, pooping, running around.

I am taking her to an emergency clinic ($$$) in the next county this afternoon.

Last edited:
Let me know how it goes.
Such a cute little thing ❤️
Oh, I just love her to pieces! Our whole family has fallen in love with her.

She was from a shipment that suffered some losses. When I took her out of the box, she had a bloody beak and was lying on her side, panting. I didn't think she would make it, but she's still kicking. and she got this wound somehow. The only thing I can guess is her buddy pecked the heck out of her before it died.

She is alone now after I put her sisters in with my broodies. She's too injured to put with anyone just yet. If I can get her eye healed up, I will probably get a couple of feed store chicks so that she will have flock mates when I integrate her into the flock. She's SO small that she seems almost bantam-sized to me. At 2-3 weeks, I think she will be the same size as chicks that are a few days old.

And if she ends up losing the eye, she may be a house chicken. The poor thing has had a heck of a rough time of it.

Back
Top Bottom