Week-old quail is lethargic, not eating or drinking, cannot stand or walk, and twitches in his sleep! Help!

May 7, 2021
My week-old Coturnix quail is lethargic, not eating or drinking, unable to stand or walk, and spasms and twitches in his sleep! Yesterday, he was limping and the other quails kept pecking him, so we put him into a separate box. After that, he became really sleepy and refused to eat or drink. He also can't stand up anymore, and his wing feathers are separate. We are really really worried about him because he used to be the most energetic quail. We tried feeding him some vitamin water, but he only drank a few drops.

Please help!! I cannot lose him/her!

Does anyone know what disease/condition he has? Please help ASAP!!

My week-old Coturnix quail is lethargic, not eating or drinking, unable to stand or walk, and spasms and twitches in his sleep! Yesterday, he was limping and the other quails kept pecking him, so we put him into a separate box. After that, he became really sleepy and refused to eat or drink. He also can't stand up anymore, and his wing feathers are separate. We are really really worried about him because he used to be the most energetic quail. We tried feeding him some vitamin water, but he only drank a few drops.

Please help!! I cannot lose him/her!

Does anyone know what disease/condition he has? Please help ASAP!!
There is a chicken disease that causes that. Do you have chickens?

Is it possible to put up a photo of your little one?
Photo on 8-5-21 at 8.15 AM.jpg

Here he is. We separated him from all the other quails. He is sleeping right now, and when he wakes up, his whole body tremors.

Back
Top Bottom