Weekend coop building extravaganza

Very nice coop, need to have you come by here to help me finish mine.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I would gladly do it if I lived a little closer
big_smile.png
Projects are always more fun with help! And meeting new people is certainly more interesting than playing endless video games or staring at the tv for countless hours... Unfortunately most of my generation doesn't seem to understand that
idunno.gif
he.gif

Most people just stare at me blankly when I say we gave up cable tv and have never been happier.

Last edited:
dot n'dave :

Nice coop and metal work!
Oh by the way...we're coming over for breakfast tomorrow morning!
yippiechickie.gif

I'll make some more bread tonight then in preparation
big_smile.png

I see that nice big glass door! Chickens love/need light...but..

Windows? cross breeze?

When I built mine I put the roosts level with flip open 10"H x 5'L windows (when flipped open it is 20"H X 6' H.Wire covered) ....so they can see out when on roost.

They love the windows. Esp for the long winters we have.

600 Ft electronet pen for the other three seasons. (just got it...love it!!!)

Quote:
big_smile.png
Projects are always more fun with help! And meeting new people is certainly more interesting than playing endless video games or staring at the tv for countless hours... Unfortunately most of my generation doesn't seem to understand that
idunno.gif
he.gif

Most people just stare at me blankly when I say we gave up cable tv and have never been happier.

I hear you man, i get the exact same thing when I tell people that i rather be outside with the chickens than be inside playing video games and watching tv!!!

Quote:
There will be ventilation on all 4 sides and windows on 3. The front and back rafter vents make up about 10sqft and will be left open year round. Each side wall will have two independent 18"x24" windows, making another 6sqft of ventilation per side that can be closed based on weather and will be plexiglass'd during the winter.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
big_smile.png
idunno.gif
he.gif

I hear you man, i get the exact same thing when I tell people that i rather be outside with the chickens than be inside playing video games and watching tv!!!

I always get the "why didn't you answer your cell phone?" Hello..
big_smile.png
everyone knows I have horses, chickens, garden ... I spend all day behind a computer,, when I get home I am not inside. I am out in the barn having a mental health break while I feed, clean and take care of my animals. Now it's time to start prepping the garden.

Your coop/hen house is fantastic. I have metal artwork inside my barn. It sure adds to the look
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom