weekly egg pics anyone?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by kareninthesun, Jan 24, 2012.

1. kareninthesun

kareninthesun Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2011
    Here's mine...[​IMG]

2. kareninthesun

Jul 1, 2011
    think it would make a good puzzle?

3. Corg33

Corg33 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 20, 2011
    Dinwiddie, VA
    beautiful eggs

4. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Beautiful Eggs [​IMG]

5. sparrker

sparrker Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2011
    Baldwinsville, NY

Absolutely and beautiful. Wish I had that many eggs and variety

6. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    Awesome!! I am so jealous!!

7. ajcress

ajcress Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2007
    Masontown, WV
    boy i sure would love to have some of your olive eggers!! Beautiful!![​IMG]
    do you sell your eggs?

8. ajcress

ajcress Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2007
    Masontown, WV
    well I went to the coop to find this egg from my white rock pullet. it was her first egg ever! It sure is a big egg for her first.. the white egg is a jumbo store bought egg used for size comparison! Sure was glad to find this since the girls took a 4 + month break! Well maybe more to come tomorrow!!
    [​IMG]

9. kareninthesun

Jul 1, 2011
    Wow! and first egg? Gigantious! I wonder in comparison by size, what size human babies would have to be from a human mom? How about compared to other animals? Anyway, congrats! Was it a double yolker?

10. kareninthesun

Jul 1, 2011
    Thank you. I originally wanted social hens that lay a variety of color, but being a novice, seeing colors on a flat screen is kinda like printing up famous works of art, then viewing the original. I KNEW what I wanted, but every day is like a surprise ticket to the museum. I purchased a bunch of clear plastic egg cartons so that those gifted or those whom purchased or those curious could see the eggs. I always give away at least six, sometimes a dozen depending on how full the frig is to anybody whom hasn't yet tried fresh eggs or seen such eggs. Opens a bunch of doors to questions once their surprise settles down as to the coloring. Great time to educate, to swap stories, to build a selling base and develop unexpected friendships. I sell them based on the weekly price of most expensive free ranged extra large brown organic eggs at the local store, then deduct a dollar if they choose to have standing orders either weekly, bi weekly or even once a month. TRY to give at least one black copper marans egg per dozen, including one dark brown, one brick reddish brown and one green with the mix. SOMEONE is laying a very cheerful orange one too, though whom I am not sure. I've made little stickers with my phone number on it, and gift to neighbors, friends, taken some to our local care facility and stayed to talk to a few older people whom love to share their stories of youth and experiences with chickens. It didn't take me anytime at all to discover that knocking on someone's door with a colorful selection of eggs is a starter of community based friendships. There are a lot of people out there whom are lonely, families far away, kinda shy or not trusting whom just need a little something, a small connection to building a bridge. Even the grumpy ones, if I stop by just long enough to say, "Here ya go...just had a dozen eggs to share. If you can't use them, share 'em forward..." suddenly gets a nod of thank you under a currious furrowed brow. I don't get enough eggs to sell at a store, nor do I want to go through all the important red tape to do so, but this is kind of like my veggie garden. Shared forward.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by