Weekly what am I post? 2 new pics, can get more if needed

That is not a leghorn, Too stocky. I'd say it's a Red Sexlink rooster, but if it is only 9 weeks, it could go either way. It is way to young to sex by plumage, it's still on it's juvenile feathers! So why even bother looking for Pointy Hackles/Saddle?

Btw, Hackles are the neck feathers of a chicken

Everyone still seems to be split on the gender
hmm.png
I wont give up on him/her yet. I have been reading up on a few breeds that s/he resembles and I think maybe s/he is an Amberlink or maybe a Tetra Amber, but Im afraid s/he is keeping his/her gender a secret for now. It is so wierd, I wanted a BO so bad when I bought my chicks and found 2 BO x's a week later. I was sure the BO's would be my favorites but this bird has captured my heart, hope she is a pullet I would be very sad to part with her. Thanks for the help
big_smile.png

It is a very rare hen that gets any red in it's comb and wattles by 8 weeks. It is an even rarer hen that works up that much comb growth by 9 weeks.

Saddle/hackle feathers do not usually grow in most breeds until about 18 to 20 weeks, you're looking for them too early. Coversely, pullets rarely get that kind of comb growth until 18 to 20 weeks.

I'm sorry, but I'm sticking to the sex-link roo diagnosis.
sad.png
I know you want a hen badly.

Quote:
Those Pointy feathers that go down either side of a rooster's tail. They kinda look like you put a saddle of feathers on him, so it's called a saddle
Here you can clearly see the saddle of this brahma-
brahma4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom