Weezing hen.. PLEASE HELP!

TinyTotsSeramas

Songster
8 Years
Jun 21, 2011
Smithsburg
I just noticed tonight my one hen is weezing...She is in the basement with a heat lamp on her an another hen because their both Serama and less then 15oz... Anyways, she has NO nasal discharge, She is acting perfectly fine an even laid her first egg in over a week!! Could someone please help! I dont really know whats going on, if she just turned into a noisy breather or if she has something going on... I have 17 other birds housed in the same basement as her but only 2 other birds were housed with this hen an one is my up an coming show rooster! So PLEASE HELP!!!
hit.gif

Mycoplasma Galliseptum doesn't necessarily have nasal discharge with it, so that may be a possibility.

A fungus growing in her respiratory system could be another.

idunno.gif
I know there are other possibilities, too, but I'm not as familiar with other ones.

There is a page with some info on Fungal Infections on my website linked in my sig below. I'm sorry it's not very well organized yet & not very complete, but it does have some good info on appropriate diets for fungus problems in a digestive tract, and a fair amount on how to use Oxine for respiratory problems. There are also links to some places that sell Oxine online.

Back
Top Bottom