Weird and funny stuff our pets do!

Snozzle

Songster
8 Years
Dec 16, 2011
Tri-Cities Tennessee
I just thought I would start a thread about our little fur kids and the silly and odd things they do.
We have 2 oriental shorthair kitties(princess Snoz and Louie) and a chihuahua/poodle mix named Alley Capone living with us. Of course there is a flock of chickens living here too.
The orientals are very clingy odd cats anyways, but Snoz(also goes by 'the artist formerly known as Snoz') takes the cake in weirdness, there is nothing cat like about her other then her looks. She is incredibly loud and when she is awake she always has something to say. She does not meow as cats do, but rather lets out a 'WWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH' sound with the volume of a firetruck siren. Snoz is the clingiest creature I have ever had living with me, she constantly has to touch me with at least one paw, but if she can she would much rather just be wrapped around my face or sit on my head.
She misses me when I work doubles and when I come home and go to bed she brings me some of the dog toys and plops them down on the bed with me and I always thank her for the gifts. Lately here it has gotten out of control, I have woken up covered in as many as 10 'gifts' including socks she dug out of the laundry, my car keys and her new favorite seems to be my boyfriend Adam's winter glove, she carries it around with her often and has grown attached to it. I guess I will have to buy Adam a set of gloves, so the princess can keep her beloved glove, she is such a weirdo and I adore her!
lau.gif

Last edited:
I think you need to get a pic of her sitting on your head - THAT would be a screensaver!
big_smile.png
She sounds like a hoot!

I think you need to get a pic of her sitting on your head - THAT would be a screensaver!
big_smile.png
She sounds like a hoot!
I would love to take one, but if you have ever had a cat sitting on your head, holding on for dear life, you will understand that reaching for the camera is not an option
big_smile.png
I could ask Adam to take one, but usually she is too busy yelling at him or trying to squeeze between us when he is here. I couldn't imagine a life without her.
So who else has some quirky animals?

My cat, Todd, is probably the weirdest pet I have.. First off, he refuses to drink still water. Which, I guess isn't all that uncommon. He knows how to open our basement door, and when he does he proceeds to lay on the very top stair where he blends in perfectly with the carpet and has been nearly squished way to many times.

He used to let us know he wanted outside by jumping on the back of our recliner (which was right beside the door) and pawing at the doorknob. He also loves to hide behind things and attack our dogs when they're "doing their business". Out of our three dogs, Todd is absolutely the boss. The dogs know to keep their distance. I have numerous pictures of him sleeping inside of pans, hats and boxes. Oh, and a couple of years ago, he managed to fit his 20-something pound self inside of a barbie box. I have the picture, I'll have to find and post it!

Last edited:
Todd sounds quite unique, though you may need to worry if he takes out life insurance on you and then lays at the top step lol
Have you ever send any pics of him sleeping in off places to the cheezburger network? I had uploaded a few of my pet pics on there and other people captioned them. Now 4 of my pets are in a book and in a calendar and received lots of freebees from them.

We used to have a gray tabby (named "Hoover" because she liked to sleep next to the parked vacuum cleaner). During the night she would steal socks from the bedrooms and lay them in a line down the upstairs hallway. I guess it was artistic expression of some sort. She also liked to eat celery leaves and honeydew melon.

We used to have a gray tabby (named "Hoover" because she liked to sleep next to the parked vacuum cleaner). During the night she would steal socks from the bedrooms and lay them in a line down the upstairs hallway. I guess it was artistic expression of some sort. She also liked to eat celery leaves and honeydew melon.
Aww that is so funny and cute. Sounds like something my weirdos would do. If Alley, the dog, doesn't finish her food, the cats will lay either a sock or a plastic bag over the bowl. So considerate
lol.png

when my turtle eats it bites about half of the shrimp and tries to rip the other half off with her hands and it got stuck on her finger nails on her right hand so she was swimming in circles trying to reach it and eat it
That made me laugh so much when I read that and pictured it in my head. I have to tell my friend at work about that, she has turtles too. Thanks for sharing!
lau.gif

does goats count? wehave a nigy doe that has fainter in her, and she freezes up at the oddest times, like oh, when out alpine was able to jump overa fence board and she tries to follow.... she froze up 1/2 and fell back into the pen, and then she also got stuck on a board, froze up and it like a titter totter XD i pretty much fell on the floor laughing hearing the last part (my dada say it)

i got amany stories to tell, wanna hear?

Back
Top Bottom