Weird, Full Yolk On Straw, No Shell or Whites In Coop???

nancypo

Crowing
13 Years
14 Years
Mar 26, 2010
Boise
My Coop
My Coop
I think one of my hens, who hasn't started laying yet (I think), "laid" a yolk. I found it, slightly opaque cover, no egg white, no shell/s in the nesting area. My one hen who is laying just came out of the coop, did a short egg song, but no egg there. Does this happen on occasion to a hen who's laying good eggs on a daily basis? All of her eggs have had a nice hard shell so far. So not sure if Sarah laid it, or one of the other 2 who hadn't started laying yet? Any ideas???

Last edited:
6. No Spam. Spamming is posting the same thing several times. "Bumping" (posting to move a thread up on the forum list) and cross-posting (posting the same thread in several forums) are examples of spam.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, that's good to know. Yes, they do get oyster and freerange. All the others eggs had very hard shells. It just looked so weird! Yuck...

Last edited:
I just re read and saw that this is in deed a new layer. Yes, eggs with no shells, can happen when they begin laying. My BR's first 2 eggs were soft shelled. After that, she laid normal eggs, it was just an adjustment period.

Back
Top Bottom