Weird guinea egg... day 18

The little guy didn’t make it. I went into assist because he wasn’t moving this morning. I opened it up and he was dead. I’m so very disappointed. He looked like he had absorbed most all his yolk sac. He only had one eye. I’m so very sad. He was alive last night when I went to bed and his air cell had drawn down this morning. :hit:hitSorry for the graphic photos

Attachments

• 8EB23F1D-8331-4889-927C-C65047ADBEBB.jpeg
    8EB23F1D-8331-4889-927C-C65047ADBEBB.jpeg
    466.1 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    454.2 KB · Views: 16
The little guy didn’t make it. I went into assist because he wasn’t moving this morning. I opened it up and he was dead. I’m so very disappointed. He looked like he had absorbed most all his yolk sac. He only had one eye. I’m so very sad. He was alive last night when I went to bed and his air cell had drawn down this morning. :hit:hitSorry for the graphic photos

:hugs :hugs :hugs
I'm so sorry!

:hugs :hugs :hugs
I'm so sorry!
Aw, so sorry. I got kind of teary eyed- the gran's ONE egg is due to hatch this weekend....
Thanks both of you. :(:hugs
good luck with your one egg.

I have one call duck egg still that is on day 20. I’m really really hoping that little guy makes it or I’ll be devistated.

Do you think there was anything I could have done to save it? I didn’t want to assist yet yesterday because it had not internally pipped and was facing the wrong direction. It internally pipped in the night and was in the air cell so I’m not sure what happened. Should I have assisted yesterday? It was dead by the morning :(

Do you think there was anything I could have done to save it? I didn’t want to assist yet yesterday because it had not internally pipped and was facing the wrong direction. It internally pipped in the night and was in the air cell so I’m not sure what happened. Should I have assisted yesterday? It was dead by the morning :(

Since you mentioned it was missing an eye there may have been other issues what weren't easily identified by just looking. It's very possible that even with assistance it wouldn't have survived long. Sometimes these things happen and it's no fault of yours! :hugs

Since you mentioned it was missing an eye there may have been other issues what weren't easily identified by just looking. It's very possible that even with assistance it wouldn't have survived long. Sometimes these things happen and it's no fault of yours! :hugs
I’m so sorry:( That’s a tough loss.
I agree that helping sooner likely wouldn’t have changed the outcome. It died before it was ready to hatch, helping it hatch when it wasn’t ready would just have left you feeling like you did something wrong. You don’t need that guilt. You did what you could for the little guy. 🤗
Thank you both of you. I feel a lot better now. I was really hoping the little guy would have made it. Maybe you’re right @CluckNDoodle I’m not sure why it only had one eye. :hugs :confused:

Back
Top Bottom