Weird House Plant. Not Thriving. Please Help.

DogAndCat36

Crowing
Mar 12, 2020
Northern Maine
This strange plant was given to be by a friend four years ago for Christmas. What is it?

20200731_150131.jpg

There used to be two in there but the other died. Also how do I make it grow better?

My 3 year old spider plant grows way more faster and is healthier.
20200731_150138.jpg
They are watered in the same pattern.
Summer, once every 3 days. Spring and fall, once a month. Winter once every 3 months. I lower the amount of water to that amount during winter because of root rot. When I follow this, my spider plant grows like crazy. This also makes the strange plant's leaves slightly plump and glossy. But the plant just doesn't look right and is so so frail.

Looks like a variety of Kalanchoe, they’re succulents usually kept for their flowers. They need very minimal watering, only when the soil is dry. They like very bright light and a cactus/succulent soil mix.

I’d try repotting in a more aerated soil and watering much less, maybe move to a window sill too. Hope this helps, I’m not a plant expert, just got a big collection of them

Looks like a variety of Kalanchoe, they’re succulents usually kept for their flowers. They need very minimal watering, only when the soil is dry. They like very bright light and a cactus/succulent soil mix.

I’d try repotting in a more aerated soil and watering much less, maybe move to a window sill too. Hope this helps, I’m not a plant expert, just got a big collection of them
I can't switch the soil sadly. I can only use soil from the outside. I will start only watering it when the soil is dry and I will move it to a window sill. Thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom