Weird neck movement from hen

TwistyTW

Chirping
Dec 3, 2020
Since we rescued one of my hens, she’s always come off as sick. She’s survived months and has always been one of the top hens, but recently I’ve become concerned. She makes a very weird neck movement, going side to side and around as if she’s trying to dislodge something in her throat or crop, but she breathes fine. She’s done this since we first got her, and at first I thought it was nothing, but now she barely moves and doesn’t roost. I’m very worried. She just sits and lets me pet her, but before she didn’t. Any ideas? :(

Since we rescued one of my hens, she’s always come off as sick. She’s survived months and has always been one of the top hens, but recently I’ve become concerned. She makes a very weird neck movement, going side to side and around as if she’s trying to dislodge something in her throat or crop, but she breathes fine. She’s done this since we first got her, and at first I thought it was nothing, but now she barely moves and doesn’t roost. I’m very worried. She just sits and lets me pet her, but before she didn’t. Any ideas? :(
She might have a blockage in her crop. Have pictures, or video of the bird in question?

If does have a blockage, do not give her food until it gets dislodged. Only water with vitamins, & electrolytes.

She needs to be separated for treatment. Coconut oil, & crop massages.

She might have a blockage in her crop. Have pictures, or video of the bird in question?

If does have a blockage, do not give her food until it gets dislodged. Only water with vitamins, & electrolytes.

She needs to be separated for treatment. Coconut oil, & crop massages.
She won’t drink the water, and unfortunately I have no videos of her moving her neck. I’ve brought her inside but she won’t move, hasn’t for the last 20-30 minutes. I’ve tried to bring the water to her beak but she doesn’t do anything.

She won’t drink the water, and unfortunately I have no videos of her moving her neck. I’ve brought her inside but she won’t move, hasn’t for the last 20-30 minutes. I’ve tried to bring the water to her beak but she doesn’t do anything.

How does her crop feel?

Back
Top Bottom