Weird "Nest" keeps coming back?

silverlaced44

Chirping
May 27, 2015
Hello~

Something odd is happening in my coop, There is a little door above the nest box's where there is a crack about and 2 inches wide. Yesterday, I found an odd round sort of nest in it. I put it outside in front of the door, and when I went up later it was back in in the same spot, the same nest, The on I put outside the door was gone. I took it out again, leaving it in the same place. This morning it was back in the same spot. The same nest! Has anyone had things like this happen? What is it that keeps bringing it back in? Thanks!

It could be. I took it out and through it away, I don't want rodents in there. We shall see what happens.

I put solid poison in a box, which I then put into a cage so the chickens couldn't get into it. I used a solid poison so that the mice wouldn''t scatter it around and track it out of the box.
I hurry out every morning and pick up dead mice so the chickens don't try to eat one.

I'm very happy as now the chickens have clean food. I had tried to get out to the barn before dark and pick up their feeder but sometimes I work late and I hated the mice were getting in it, not to mention multiplying like mad.
I also hung their feeder off the ground so in the future the mice won't be tempted, I hope.

Last edited:
Hello~

Something odd is happening in my coop, There is a little door above the nest box's where there is a crack about and 2 inches wide. Yesterday, I found an odd round sort of nest in it. I put it outside in front of the door, and when I went up later it was back in in the same spot, the same nest, The on I put outside the door was gone. I took it out again, leaving it in the same place. This morning it was back in the same spot. The same nest! Has anyone had things like this happen? What is it that keeps bringing it back in? Thanks!

2 inches is a big crack why don't you seal the crack? you also should have taken a picture of this "nest".

It isn't a crack to the out side, It is a little storage space, where you can keep your grit in a coffee can, ore any other things. I overlaps the nest boxs. I'll post pics tomorrow!!

Back
Top Bottom