WEIRD or ODD Eggs pics!!!! :)

I got my first "off" egg today! Not very weird or odd though. It was just a very thin shell from one of my brand new layers. It was her third egg. She has access to oyster shell, so I think it's just a little "misfire" :) it was very delicious
IMG_4351.JPG

I have a hen that is laying odd eggs. I've narrowed it down to one of two of my RIRs. They are ~1.5 years, eat 16% layer pellet, have access to oyster shell, and free range most of the day. Other than being odd the shell in hard and in good shape.
It started about a month and a half ago when I got a double yoke egg. That thing was massive. Every since I've been getting an egg that is more and more misshaped each day. They are now so long and ovular that they don't really fit in an egg carton. This is today's egg and yesterday's egg next to one of our "normal" eggs.
Is it possible laying such a large double yoked egg caused some kind of damage? Do I need to be concerned for her?

IMG_1706.JPG
IMG_1717.JPG
IMG_1718.JPG
IMG_1719.JPG
IMG_1720.JPG

I had a weird egg thing happen: one of my small eggs (I thought Bantam, but maybe a new layer) had the yolk on the outside. I boil eggs every morning and this egg ended up with the yolk on the outside and white in the inside. I thought is was going to be all yolk but when my son bit into it the white was in the middle. Has anyone else ever had this happen?

Attachments

• 20170825_070109.jpg
    20170825_070109.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 20170825_065902.jpg
    20170825_065902.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 23
I had a weird egg thing happen: one of my small eggs (I thought Bantam, but maybe a new layer) had the yolk on the outside. I boil eggs every morning and this egg ended up with the yolk on the outside and white in the inside. I thought is was going to be all yolk but when my son bit into it the white was in the middle. Has anyone else ever had this happen?
i wouldnt have eaten it :/ not sure if i have had this or not but it looks similar to one that i had kinds recently, but mine was a tiny egg from a bird that normally lays big eggs so i thought it had something to do with that :confused:

Back
Top Bottom