WEIRD or ODD Eggs pics!!!! :)

No pic to go with it because it was a pile of goo but one of mine layed an egg last month with no shell or membrane - just egg white & yolk... very strange. Love all the other pics posted though. It is kinda nice to know that mine are not the only odd balls out there lol.....

Our girls did that a few times when they were new layers, they were double yolkers. Most of them were normal and delicious inside - one of them though was SUPER bloody and gross inside. Now they routinely lay "normal" sized eggs and none have had blood or blood spots in a couple months. They've been laying for 3 months now.

Not an odd egg, just HUGE. My cuckoo marans layed this beauty yesterday. She's a fairly new layer. This is only her 4th egg. Poor girl!

hit.gif
OUCH! If hens do not cry I bet she did.

gig.gif
You are so right,they do drop some surprising gifts. The one my girl gave was very soft and it was only the white inside, your shell looks harder. she still has not laid a normal egg as a matter of fact she as not dropped anything since two days after when she may have dropped another soft shell in the garden the rest were chowing down
sickbyc.gif
by the time I got out there to see what she was doing. I do not get how they figured out that they can eat what falls out of their butts, they do know the difference between an egg and poop.

Yea, lately mine have been cracking theirs accidentally I think, have some young girls in there & so after it was broke, I think they ate it - so yea not a good habit.

Back
Top Bottom