WEIRD or ODD Eggs pics!!!! :)

Pics
Wow...now that's different...IV had a few odd eggs but never can get the odd part to show on pic.

Go this one from one of my Leghorns today. Not only is it "deformed", but it is wrinkled all the way around the egg. Any idea what might cause that? They are almost 1 year old and I've never had an egg like this before....

This one was so tiny! Someone layed it from the roost.

This one was so tiny! Someone layed it from the roost.

I had a bird lay a very tiny egg too in one of the nests boxes. It wasn't much larger than a jelly bean. On the same day I also got a fart egg in another one of the nest boxes. Here they are next to a regular large egg.

I recently adopted two birds. The girl who had them did not care for them very well but I have had them for about 3 months now and the seem healthy and very happy. I have what she said was a Black Orpington and a Coronation Sussex. The attached eggs are from the black Orp. As you see one is lovely and the other has what looks and feels like scratches on it. The egg itself is fine and very tasty. I am just wondering why these scratches are on the shell. Besides the scratches, the feel very smooth. The are eating high quality feed, fresh water and the get some veggys and grains every day. I thought she might be stepping on them after she laid them and making the marks? I have searched and cant find a post that answers my questions. They are about 1-2 years old from what she told me, but I am not sure. They lay one egg every other day. I am new to the chicken world so your thoughts would be appreciated.

Sometimes the coating on dark brown eggs can be scratched off.....that one look like it was maybe moved around on straw bedding, scraping some of the coating off.

Did you notice if there was any rough or raised area on the inside of the egg shell?

I recently adopted two birds. The girl who had them did not care for them very well but I have had them for about 3 months now and the seem healthy and very happy. I have what she said was a Black Orpington and a Coronation Sussex. The attached eggs are from the black Orp. As you see one is lovely and the other has what looks and feels like scratches on it. The egg itself is fine and very tasty. I am just wondering why these scratches are on the shell. Besides the scratches, the feel very smooth. The are eating high quality feed, fresh water and the get some veggys and grains every day. I thought she might be stepping on them after she laid them and making the marks? I have searched and cant find a post that answers my questions. They are about 1-2 years old from what she told me, but I am not sure. They lay one egg every other day. I am new to the chicken world so your thoughts would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom