WEIRD or ODD Eggs pics!!!! :)

Pics

I have an "odd egg" issue I'm not finding any information on. Daisy Lou (my Barred Rock) has been laying about 3 months. Her yolks are completely separated from the whites. The yolk falls into the pan first, and the white is so thick it just hangs from the shell..I usually have to shake it out or scoop it out of the shell.
She has a great diet of Layena Pellets, some fruits and veggies and she free ranges about 3 hours a day. Fresh water is always available. I have 3 other hens ( different breeds) and they do not have this issue. None have been sick. Has anyone seen this before?

That's really strange! My Easter Egger eggs have a much thicker white than my red sex links but it doesn't stick to the shell.
Hope others can lend some advice. I've never heard of that happening.

my columbian rock laid this strange egg the other day. she's only been laying for about 10 days. she was laying every other day and then skipped a day, laid this egg and then the next day laid a normal egg. the shell was quite thin and very soft on the top. when we broke it open, there was a shell-less egg within the egg.

Very interesting. I have had an egg inside an egg but not like that. I have had eggs similar with soft shells.

Last edited:
I have had a couple of these now. Is this a nutritional issue that I should correct? Just curious if this is just an anomaly or a sign. Thanks!

I have had a couple of these now. Is this a nutritional issue that I should correct? Just curious if this is just an anomaly or a sign. Thanks!

welcome-byc.gif
Not to worry. Every once in a great while I get the wrinkled looking eggs too. Not sure who lays them because I have a lot of birds but I just keep them for our family. I don't sell them. Maybe a new layer??? I like your counter top it looks like mine.

I was very surprised by this lash eggs. I have gotten another one since but it was more oddly shaped.

Back
Top Bottom