WEIRD or ODD Eggs pics!!!! :)

Pics
How old is bird?
Could you identify who laid it?
Looks like a funky yolk and membrane glitch.
Could be infection....could be a one off glitch.
If you see another, check butts and try to pinpoint who laid it and keep and eye on her, maybe even isolate in wire crate within coop to monitor intakes and outputs.

All of my pullets are around 7 months. That's the first she'll less egg I have gotten and there haven't been any since thankfully. I'm hoping it's a glitch - everyone seems healthy and happy. No messy butts or anything. Crossing fingers

My 5 year old EE laid a weird egg the other day.

This is a normal egg from one of the other hens:

This is her weird egg:

The thing was HUGE

It could have multiple yolks or possibly an egg inside an egg. Please post what you find. Just curious.
hu.gif

This one was an egg inside an egg and both eggs were double yolks.

Here are some pics of egg sizes from my chickens, eggs brought to you by poppy the buff brahma, ember the Easter egger, who is henceforth also known as ostrich, and Polly the Mille fleur duccle. Look how big and teeny they are!
Here is poppy's egg, looks about the size of a store bought egg.

Here is ember's monstrous egg:

Here is polly's egg, her first I believe. What's crazy is that she's like 2.5 years old! This is the smallest egg we've ever gotten

Her are all three eggs

Here is the biggest and smallest compare

Edited to add that poppys egg is just a bit smaller than average, but it just shows you how tiny and ginormous our eggs really get; I could swear that ember laid a double yolker!

Last edited:
Here are some pics of egg sizes from my chickens, eggs brought to you by poppy the buff brahma, ember the Easter egger, who is henceforth also known as ostrich, and Polly the Mille fleur duccle. Look how big and teeny they are!
Here is poppy's egg, looks about the size of a store bought egg.

Here is ember's monstrous egg:

Here is polly's egg, her first I believe. What's crazy is that she's like 2.5 years old! This is the smallest egg we've ever gotten

Her are all three eggs

Here is the biggest and smallest compare

Edited to add that poppys egg is just a bit smaller than average, but it just shows you how tiny and ginormous our eggs really get; I could swear that ember laid a double yolker!
You have a jumbo, small and a peewee.
Modern Sizes (USA)
Size Mass per egg
Jumbo Greater than 2.5 oz. or 70 g or >
Extra-Large (XL) Greater than 2.25 oz. or 64-69 g
Large (L) Greater than 2 oz. or 56-63 g
Medium (M) Greater than 1.75 oz. or 49-55 g
Small (S) Greater than 1.5 oz. or 43-48 g
Peewee Greater than 1.25 oz. or 35 g - 42 g

Back
Top Bottom