Weird Phone Calls

I have a book that tells how to fake symptoms of severe mental illness to get salespeople not to call you.

It was written by a doctor, and it was directed at pharmeceutical companies.

Darn good read, too.

No kidding , call the FCC. I kept getting calls and finally reported them through the do not call website. Talked to a nice young man from the FCC filled out some papers , signed them and no more calls. Last I heard he was moving ahead with prosecution
lol.png

I would start asking friends and family....it sounds like someone you know pranking you. I had a friend that used to have wheelchair companies call me and send me brochures....I had a urology appointment scheduled for him and send Depends to him and all sorts of medical supply companies calling him.

Friend, I doubt.
Enemy, most definately. Got an idea who, but can't prove it. I can count all of my enemies around here on one hand. All 3 of them.

Checked our credit reports about 5 months ago, nothing on them.
They ask for me by my real name. I use a nickname that only my friends and family call me.

Had trouble with a phone company calling and asking to speak to DH. I was always nice to them, but they got nasty to me and would hang up as soon as I said he was out. Finally caught them one night. I told them that if they called us one more time I was going to press harrassment charges against them and report them to the FCC and they would be fined for calling a number on the do not call list. DH was yelling some pretty nasty profanity at them too.
Never from them again.

You have to be careful on who has your home phone number some times..

Mysteriously my phone bill had been higher the last couple of months.. But my phone service is the same amount every month.. Finally figured it out.. Some one signed up on some website.. Listed my phone number as a contact number.. Their service was being billed to my phone bill... Grrrr.. Still trying to get it under control. Still being charged it, even though I called the company 3 times to get it taken off. Told them there was no one here by that name or email address..

Last edited:
We are on the do not call list, but we get a lot of mysterious no ID calls, and if/when we pick up there is NOBODY there. The same 2 or 3 numbers keeps calling every few days, and I've reported them on the do not call website, but since there is no caller ID and nobody will get on the line and say who is calling.... I assume it's just computers doing it
idunno.gif
My solution was to take the answering machine off (in case it kept calling because it got an "answer") and turn the ringer way down on low so the phone doesn't wake DH up coz he sleeps during the day. Anybody who knows me will call my cell anyway. I dread the day that the telemarketers figure out my cell number....

If they are calling and asking for you by name I'd worry about ID theft or someone pulling "pranks"
If one of your credit cards offers a reasonable priced ID/credit score monitering type service, I would sign up for it. My Discover card has a pretty good ID protection service, they give me quarterly credit reports from all 3 companies, which IMO is better than the annual free report since it gets checked more often. It lists any changes, new or closed accounts, any changed address or employment information, etc. besides giving a number credit score and a breakdown of the "reasons" for your score. It does cost, but they have called me about "suspicious" things so I feel pretty good about paying for the service.

Tala no credit cards. We tear up and burn every application we get.
We are covered for ID theft too.

Had a call from a phone company about a call from our "uncle", turns out it was a guy using his name to get the call billed to our number. The way they said it it sounded like a collect call. They took it off of our bill.
The person tried it again with a different uncles name. I caught it quickly and the operator had the guy say something. I bet it scared the day lights out of him when I said, "that's not so and so." He hung up fast and they put an alert on the phone he was using.

Fifteen years after I divorced my husband I started getting junk mail for him and calls. I simply wrote on the junk mail "Addressee Deceased" and sent it back and told the callers that he passed away. It all stopped realy quick.

Back
Top Bottom