Weird poop with my 7 week old chick?

I was referring to what I feed chicks, not adult birds.
The 29% is a Ration I use occasionally, they don't get it all the time. It's called Farmers Helper UltraKibble it gets mixed in for their regular feed to help support the Turkeys growing bodies.
Oh, if I were raising turkeys I would absolutely have something around 30% to get them started. That would require separate pens and feeds though, due to the danger it poses to my ducks. Not a project I'm willing to take on at this point. Still adjusting to the addition of goats.

I should have read further back in the thread, or slower. Sorry for any confusion my quick response may have injected into the conversation.

Oh, if I were raising turkeys I would absolutely have something around 30% to get them started. That would require separate pens and feeds though, due to the danger it poses to my ducks. Not a project I'm willing to take on at this point. Still adjusting to the addition of goats.

I should have read further back in the thread, or slower. Sorry for any confusion my quick response may have injected into the conversation.
I raise turkeys, & chicks together, so everyone gets some of it. Never had future health problems with the chickens who've ate it. The bag also says it's for Heirloom Chicken Breeds, so it's not strictly for Gamebirds.

Also I've never had liver problems with chickens on a high protein diet. Only had fatty liver on birds who had alittle too much grains, such as corn, so I cut those back. These are usually only the fatter birds.

I'm thinking, I'm thinking.

Usually, I'm responding to the people who want to feed 16% layer all their lives, or those offering an excess of treats. Typical and (at least according to the search engine) I don't often mention the liver - or the phrase "fatty liver" particularly. I do talk about duck feeds and angel wing specifically on occasion.

Possibly another poster? @GC-Raptor mentioned reading something about 27% being the limit for chickens in something they read right before I responded in that thread. May be what you were thinking of?

I'm thinking, I'm thinking.

Usually, I'm responding to the people who want to feed 16% layer all their lives, or those offering an excess of treats. Typical and (at least according to the search engine) I don't often mention the liver - or the phrase "fatty liver" particularly. I do talk about duck feeds and angel wing specifically on occasion.

Possibly another poster? @GC-Raptor mentioned reading something about 27% being the limit for chickens in something they read right before I responded in that thread. May be what you were thinking of?
I wasn't talking about you talking about fatty liver.

Back
Top Bottom