Weird questions from people on Craigslist?

Frogtown

Back 40 Farm
12 Years
Aug 16, 2007
South Carolina
Anybody get these? I have posted some odds and ends on Craigslist, and I end up with people asking me weird questions. Example how are they rated for egg production? How old are they? We are only interested in females, have 7 hens already who are mild mannered. How would yours fit with our girls?

These are the questions I was asked about two white cochin cockerels I had posted.

I don't think the population at large know what a cockeral is. I finally started just calling them all roosters. Or boys and girls. Cuts down on a lot of explaining.
roll.png

Even with a very self explanatory post, I still get all sorts of random stupid questions. When I advertise roosters, I always put in bold print that I do not have hens at this time. I still get all sorts of emails asking about hens for sale. If I have a pair for sale, I put that I will only sell the hen WITH the rooster. Still get the "I want to buy your hen". Nope. You don't get her without him. That's why I advertised a "pair".
roll.png

I could go on and on. Just ignore the bozos. I figure if they are too dumb to read the ad, then I probably don't want my chickens going there anyway.

gig.gif
Gotta love Craigslist. Blame the egg laying female cockerels. They're trouble you know.
roll.png

Imp- Here, people were getting robbed & murdered over craigslist ads. At least they got caught.

Add the word rooster... some people just don't get it.

I've had people ooooh and ahhhhh over the fact my chickens lay eggs we can eat?! They don't need to be treated like the store ones?
hu.gif
I mean really, what has happened in this world today they just don't understand how things work.
rant.gif

Quote:
me and a friend of mine comparing notes one night decided we were "nut magnets" oh well as long as I know why usually my special folks just need someone to listen to them for a while it used to drive me crazy until I discovered it is part of my vocation
smile.png

I've got two GQF Sportman incubators on CL right now and some guy emailed me and asked would I trade for anything. I emailed him back and said yeah, I'll trade for cash.

Back
Top Bottom