Weird Round Sore..What is it???

cheepsforkeeps

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 24, 2010
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/55351_img_0514.jpg

This
is a 17 week old hen. We found this round, red looking wound on her this morning and it wasn't there last night. It's just odd because it's in such a perfect circle.
She acts fine! I have two silkie roosters and a total of 4 hens all about the same age. I have put her in a kennel just to watch her for a few hours. Is this just a wound and if so what do I do for it? Also how do I post a picture instead of a link?

Thanks!
love.gif

Last edited:
it may be just a sore the only thin I have ever seen like it is on rabbits for some reason maggots will lay on a rabbit and they live inside a sore and when they come out that's what it lookes like. but I don't think so because you would have seen a big bump a day or so ago. but they did that rabbits and they were always clean as could be all the time. I would clean it very good and pack with neo. from what I understand no pain relief in it. when I upload a pic and its on the page with the pic and one says thumb other says something elts don't rember but its the bottom one I cope it go stright to the post and paste it works every time. good luck.

Back
Top Bottom