Weird toes

Oh I don't do sexing on Polish, but Basty will be able to tell you. As far as how not to breed a bird in a flock, depends on what gender it is. If it's a female, and you have other hens/pullets that lay the same colored-eggs as her, it makes things tricky. You'll have to eat/not hatch all of those. If it's a male, it's more simple. Don't hatch any eggs that come from the females he's with

Oh I don't do sexing on Polish, but Basty will be able to tell you. As far as how not to breed a bird in a flock, depends on what gender it is. If it's a female, and you have other hens/pullets that lay the same colored-eggs as her, it makes things tricky. You'll have to eat/not hatch all of those. If it's a male, it's more simple. Don't hatch any eggs that come from the females he's with
Hopefully they can enter the chat soon 😂🙈

Nice, so I'm not the only one with chickens who have weird feet. Must I admit to the 30s and not enough exercise too? 🤣

Everything appears normal with the exception of the obvious toes. When they are younger and start the toe curling, or when they hatch out, and you first notice it - you are supposed to put a piece of tape on the bottom of their foot with the toes in a normal position. This will encourage the fast growing toes to grow the right way.

His nose piece is just fine. It looks ugly, but is breed standard.

This is a cockerel.

So believe it or not, a quality black polish is really hard to come by. Lacing, splash, all these other varieties have become so popular with this breed that the poor ole' black is being left in the dust. We have a few hens, but haven't been able to lock down a good black for blue breeding. If it were me, I'd roll the dice and breed this guy (depending on his attributes) hoping his toes curled from being in the egg too long, or some other hatching related issue. Obviously either warning perspective buyers or holding onto them long enough to observe the toes. If neither was possible, I wouldn't take the chance breeding him.

Everything appears normal with the exception of the obvious toes. When they are younger and start the toe curling, or when they hatch out, and you first notice it - you are supposed to put a piece of tape on the bottom of their foot with the toes in a normal position. This will encourage the fast growing toes to grow the right way.

His nose piece is just fine. It looks ugly, but is breed standard.

This is a cockerel.

So believe it or not, a quality black polish is really hard to come by. Lacing, splash, all these other varieties have become so popular with this breed that the poor ole' black is being left in the dust. We have a few hens, but haven't been able to lock down a good black for blue breeding. If it were me, I'd roll the dice and breed this guy (depending on his attributes) hoping his toes curled from being in the egg too long, or some other hatching related issue. Obviously either warning perspective buyers or holding onto them long enough to observe the toes. If neither was possible, I wouldn't take the chance breeding him.
Oh my gosh how can you tell it’s a he? I was convinced it was a she 😂😅 now I’m questioning my other Polish 😅

Back
Top Bottom