Weirdest Crow I have ever heard - Partridge Rock

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Majestic Lane Poultry, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Majestic Lane Poultry

Majestic Lane Poultry Heart Strings Animal Rehoming

Feb 9, 2009
    I have a Partridge Rock cockerel in one of my grow-out pens. He is 4 months old. For the last two weeks I have been hearing a high pitched pip or queak sound from the pen. This pen houses 2 BO pullets 10 PR pullets, 1 PR cockerel, and 1 Light Brahma cockerel. I was really beginning to wonder if one of them had a respiratory problem.

Well anyway, this morning I am out opening all the doors and the pip has turned into the funniest, poorest crow I have ever heard. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Now I have had plenty of roos in my time. I know it takes awhile for them to per-fect it. I know that the 12 roos I have now like to have a crowing contest every morning. I know that one of my bantam brahmas loves nothing better than to crow all day. But in all my life I have never heard anything so pittiful. I can only hope his to-be hens are deaf. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2009
  2. eggchel

eggchel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Dec 26, 2006
    Both Coasts
    [​IMG] I love the ones with the crazy crows. I can get a good laugh from anywhere on my property when I hear them. Must be a bit embarrassing for them. LOL

chel

3. KattyKillFish

KattyKillFish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    XDDD when my brown leghorn first started to crow it sounded like

"CARBLAHH-GHRAAGHRGHA-AAAAHHHHGGAA!

i love funny crowers. they try so hard! his voice cleared up after a week or two. very cute!

4. Picklestix7866

Picklestix7866 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2009
    Thawing Minnesota
    [​IMG] hahaha I have a silkie who was like that for a while too. He just got a big lungful of air and started screaming til he couldn't scream any longer, and then it always ended with a pitiful sqeaking noise. He sounded like a sqeaky toy (and looked like one too). Lol. He always made us laugh. He is a little better at it now, at two years old. [​IMG]

5. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Yes, my Silkie also has the wierdest crow. Sounds something like 'OOWWOOWHHAHH-AAHHHHHH!!!!!!' No kidding on that one. He sounds like a dying cow. [​IMG]

2 years later and he hasn't perfected it yet...we still have our hope.

6. KattyKillFish

KattyKillFish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

adolescent roos try so hard!

funny XD

7. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    I had a single combed silkie and his crow sounded like he was hiccupping in the middle of the crow [​IMG] Then I have a silkie right now that is the looooongest crower that I have.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by