Weirdest Crow I have ever heard - Partridge Rock

Majestic Lane Poultry

Heart Strings Animal Rehoming
11 Years
Feb 9, 2009
I have a Partridge Rock cockerel in one of my grow-out pens. He is 4 months old. For the last two weeks I have been hearing a high pitched pip or queak sound from the pen. This pen houses 2 BO pullets 10 PR pullets, 1 PR cockerel, and 1 Light Brahma cockerel. I was really beginning to wonder if one of them had a respiratory problem.

Well anyway, this morning I am out opening all the doors and the pip has turned into the funniest, poorest crow I have ever heard.

Now I have had plenty of roos in my time. I know it takes awhile for them to per-fect it. I know that the 12 roos I have now like to have a crowing contest every morning. I know that one of my bantam brahmas loves nothing better than to crow all day. But in all my life I have never heard anything so pittiful. I can only hope his to-be hens are deaf.

Last edited by a moderator:

eggchel

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Dec 26, 2006
Both Coasts
I love the ones with the crazy crows. I can get a good laugh from anywhere on my property when I hear them. Must be a bit embarrassing for them. LOL

chel

KattyKillFish

Songster
10 Years
Mar 8, 2009
Dillingham, Alaska
XDDD when my brown leghorn first started to crow it sounded like

"CARBLAHH-GHRAAGHRGHA-AAAAHHHHGGAA!

i love funny crowers. they try so hard! his voice cleared up after a week or two. very cute!

Picklestix7866

Songster
10 Years
Feb 20, 2009
Thawing Minnesota
hahaha I have a silkie who was like that for a while too. He just got a big lungful of air and started screaming til he couldn't scream any longer, and then it always ended with a pitiful sqeaking noise. He sounded like a sqeaky toy (and looked like one too). Lol. He always made us laugh. He is a little better at it now, at two years old.

ThePolishPrincess

Songster
11 Years
Dec 29, 2008
Orange County, New York
Yes, my Silkie also has the wierdest crow. Sounds something like 'OOWWOOWHHAHH-AAHHHHHH!!!!!!' No kidding on that one. He sounds like a dying cow.

2 years later and he hasn't perfected it yet...we still have our hope.

Year of the Rooster

Sebright Savvy
11 Years
Jun 27, 2008
West Central Ohio
I had a single combed silkie and his crow sounded like he was hiccupping in the middle of the crow
Then I have a silkie right now that is the looooongest crower that I have.

Top Bottom