Weirdest Crow I have ever heard - Partridge Rock

Majestic Lane Poultry

Heart Strings Animal Rehoming
13 Years
Feb 9, 2009
I have a Partridge Rock cockerel in one of my grow-out pens. He is 4 months old. For the last two weeks I have been hearing a high pitched pip or queak sound from the pen. This pen houses 2 BO pullets 10 PR pullets, 1 PR cockerel, and 1 Light Brahma cockerel. I was really beginning to wonder if one of them had a respiratory problem.

Well anyway, this morning I am out opening all the doors and the pip has turned into the funniest, poorest crow I have ever heard.
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

Now I have had plenty of roos in my time. I know it takes awhile for them to per-fect it. I know that the 12 roos I have now like to have a crowing contest every morning. I know that one of my bantam brahmas loves nothing better than to crow all day. But in all my life I have never heard anything so pittiful. I can only hope his to-be hens are deaf.
hide.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
lau.gif
I love the ones with the crazy crows. I can get a good laugh from anywhere on my property when I hear them. Must be a bit embarrassing for them. LOL

chel

XDDD when my brown leghorn first started to crow it sounded like

"CARBLAHH-GHRAAGHRGHA-AAAAHHHHGGAA!

i love funny crowers. they try so hard! his voice cleared up after a week or two. very cute!

lau.gif
hahaha I have a silkie who was like that for a while too. He just got a big lungful of air and started screaming til he couldn't scream any longer, and then it always ended with a pitiful sqeaking noise. He sounded like a sqeaky toy (and looked like one too). Lol. He always made us laugh. He is a little better at it now, at two years old.
tongue.png

Yes, my Silkie also has the wierdest crow. Sounds something like 'OOWWOOWHHAHH-AAHHHHHH!!!!!!' No kidding on that one. He sounds like a dying cow.
lol.png

2 years later and he hasn't perfected it yet...we still have our hope.

Back
Top Bottom