Welcome Back Insiderart!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gritsar, Dec 11, 2009.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I have so missed you! [​IMG]
    It's been really hard on me being the only obviously insane person (not counting marlinchaser) on a forum full of semi-normal people.

2. insiderart

insiderart Obviously Insane

Apr 30, 2009
    Arkansas
    Quote:I've missed you too! [​IMG]

3. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    It's about time. How have you been? I've thought about you often and appoligize for not emailing you to check on how you are doing. I guess my only excuse is that I'm old and getting forgetful.

4. insiderart

Apr 30, 2009
    Arkansas
    Quote:I'm doing well and have thought of you often too! Just about have the house all ready and listed. Only one Christmas present left to purchase. And just a few more photo jobs to do. I can finally begin to see the end of the madness! I was glad to hear the SS were doing well at 'son of Opa's' house. Tell Granny I said hi!

I expect to have a much more normal life again after Christmas. Be warned! [​IMG]

5. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:I'm doing well and have thought of you often too! Just about have the house all ready and listed. Only one Christmas present left to purchase. And just a few more photo jobs to do. I can finally begin to see the end of the madness! I was glad to hear the SS were doing well at 'son of Opa's' house. Tell Granny I said hi!

I expect to have a much more normal life again after Christmas. Be warned! [​IMG]

You? A normal life? I seriously doubt it. Just in case, if it starts looking semi-normal, I'm gonna fed ex KiKi to you. [​IMG]
    P.S. Have you mailed my silkie to me yet? I keep checking the mailbox, but nothing. [​IMG]

6. insiderart

Apr 30, 2009
    Arkansas
    Well normal is a relative term, isn't it? LOL! I said normal, not boring...

Buffy Bumpit has integrated herself into the silkie community now! But I have several roos I can send your way LOL! But keep waiting you never know... it will be time to make selections in a month or two. I have to say, I do love those silkies. They are so darn sweet. You can just reach in and pick them up, no problems. Though there was one rogue, when I went out the other night to put the heat lamp in the coop (was going to get so cold! didn't want my silkie pig pile to freeze up), that kept pecking me while I was installing the lamp. I got the distinct feeling that it was not cool to be so rude as to wake everyone up, even if I was installing the heat lamp.

When I am going to clean the chicken coops I have to watch the time, because several times I've been piddling around outside only to look up and find that the whole silkie gang has gone off to bed early! I tried cleaning the coop once after everyone went to bed, it was a disaster.

7. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Yeah, we got home after dark last night and I realized that I still needed to feed and water. So I trudged out to the coop and turned on a light to see by. Everybody started jumping down from the roosts, "oh, is it morning already??" and commenced to eating. Thor stayed on a roost but gave me heavy stinkeye the whole time.

It's been so long since things have been normal around here I forget what normal looks like. Oh well. I'll settle for was normal once upon a time. [​IMG]

8. insiderart

Apr 30, 2009
    Arkansas
    One person's definition of normal is another person's definition of "the insanity defense".

9. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    HOLA! [​IMG]

10. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:[​IMG]
    Perfect! That shall be my new motto. Have to get DH to print me a T-shirt with that on it. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by