Welcome to me, ha

Chachechee

In the Brooder
Oct 15, 2022
Saginaw, TX
Just starting back to having a small flock here in Texas. Many years with pigeons, chickens, pheasants, quail, partridge, etc. Wanting to find a good athletic, flying breed as I have a tall cage and enjoy active behavior. Eggs, and/or meat not a consideration. Would appreciate knowledge of the best flyers and the breed that the females are most attractive compared to females of other chicken breeds. Would probably lean toward pheasants, but city regulations restrict to female chickens only. thanks

Good morning, welcome to BYC!
I'm a fan of extra large chickens, so I haven't really had experience with standard sized fliers. My naked necks are pretty athletic, though not everyone finds them attractive. Crested cream legbars are very tame, but they like to roost high.
Have you considered leghorns or Jaerhon? Ideal Poultry, here in Texas, sales them both as sexed chicks.

Just starting back to having a small flock here in Texas. Many years with pigeons, chickens, pheasants, quail, partridge, etc. Wanting to find a good athletic, flying breed as I have a tall cage and enjoy active behavior. Eggs, and/or meat not a consideration. Would appreciate knowledge of the best flyers and the breed that the females are most attractive compared to females of other chicken breeds. Would probably lean toward pheasants, but city regulations restrict to female chickens only. thanks

Back
Top Bottom